Friday, January 16, 2009

Ramaze List

Here's a list of items that I'm considering doing posts on for Ramaze:
  • Installing Ramaze (last post)
  • Hello World (quintessential)
  • Multiple pages with one controller
  • Links with a single controller
  • Multiple controllers
  • Links with multiple controllers
  • External links
  • Using page.xhtml
  • Using different .xhtml pages for different views
  • CSS and the public directory
  • Forms and getting data from them using the request variable
  • Models
  • Connecting models to databases
I learn best with small samples rather than larger applications and I'm guessing that there are a few other people out there for which this is also true. The ramaze gem when installed has some nice basic examples (on my Ubuntu box they're in:
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/ramaze-2009.01/examples/basic)
with which the list above will have some overlap. On the ones that do, I hope to at least provide some additional commentary.

Let me know in the comments if this list seems reasonable or if there are things that should be added or removed.

No comments:

Post a Comment